This is our last day of the 10 – 10 -10 campaign. Thank you so much for taking part in it by praying, reading and giving! We are blown away by the support we’ve received in all forms these last 10 days. It has been a defining point in our lives!
Yesterday, I asked you to pray for our family. Today, I want to do things a little different. Instead of a prayer point, I’m going to guide us in prayers of thanksgiving by using the Psalms. As you read the prayer guide and Psalms, take a moment to pray and praise the Lord together with me. Are you with me? Ready to go? Let’s do this!
1. Thank God for His great love. God’s love knows no bounds. There is nothing we can do to lose His love; no sin is too great, no attitude is too bad, and nothing so strong it can separate us from God’s love.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 136:1
2. Thank God; He is your protector. No matter what other people, the enemy, or life’s situations bring against us, we know that God is our shield. Though He may not answer our prayers the way want Him to, or even spare us from situations or consequence; He walks with us through it.
The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals to do to me? Psalm 118:6
3. Thank the Lord; we do not live in our strength but in His. I’m human. I’m imperfect. I’m weak, but in God I find my strength. Everything I need is in Him. I’m thankful I don’t have to rely on my own strength, but I can find my strength in Him.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; I will put my trust in Him; and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him. Psalm 28:7
4. Thank God because there no plan of the enemy that will stand against Him. Sometimes we go through trials in our life. It may seem like things are not going our way.We think the enemy has won a battle, bur remember: God wins the war. We know the end of the story-God wins!
Let God arise; let His enemies be scattered; let them that hate Him also flee before him. Psalm 68:1
5. Thank Jesus for making salvation available to all who will receive. The message of the gospel is not that Jesus came to make bad people good, but He came to bring the spiritually dead back to life! We can have salvation because of the cross and empty tomb.
You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down to the pit. Psalm 30:3
Praying prayers of thanksgiving has a way of taking our minds off the temporal, and refocusing us what really matters. I pray as you joined me in this exercise, you are as encouraged as I am in putting this together.
There hasn’t been any new activity, so there isn’t really anything new to report. Again, I’d like to say thank you to all who gave in this campaign. In 10 days, our budget went from 8% to 12% and we had a lot of one time gifts as well! You guys are amazing and we are in awe of how the Lord as blessed us!
If you would like to contribute on an on-going or on- time basis, you can do so by clicking here. For a monthly pledge, please remember to click on the button that says “Set up reoccurring gift.” For a one time gift, use the button that says “Give now.” Thank you for helping make this a successful 10 days for us.